Effective Date: February 24, 2009
Cargill, Inc. ("Cargill") thanks you for your interest. You are important to us, and we respect your privacy.
This policy pertains to personal information collected through this website. It does not pertain to information collected in other manners or offline. California residents, please see your California Privacy Rights section below.
Personally Identifiable Information
You may provide us with personally identifiable information ("PII") when you use this website or related websites by explicitly providing this information to us (e.g., when providing information about your Truvia moment).
PII includes any information by which you can be personally identified, and may include your name, address, age, date of birth, electronic mail address, occupation, employment information, telephone number, education, the kind of service provided to you, credit card number, and other similar information.
Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We may use and/or disclose your PII for the following reasons:
- to contact you in response to your inquiries, comments and suggestions;
- to contact you otherwise when necessary;
- for the specific purpose for which it was volunteered;
- to track our visitors' use of the site for internal market research;
- to improve the site and the services Cargill promotes or provides through the site;
- to customize the content and/or layout of our site for each individual visitor;
- to ask for your participation in brief surveys;
- to notify you about promotions, special offers, etc. regarding products and services provided by Cargillor its affiliates or partners;
- to be provided to Cargillaffiliates or third parties in connection with the legitimate business purposes of Cargillor the site;
- to be provided to third parties for the legitimate business purposes of those third parties;
- to generate aggregate statistical studies;
- as required by law or regulation, or as requested by government authorities, or for the protection of persons or property; and
- in connection with an acquisition, merger, restructuring, sale or other transfer involving all or any portion of the business associated with the site; and
- for other business purposes.
Due to the design of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
How We Communicate with You
Your provision of PII online through our website or through information collected online on behalf of Cargillconstitutes your affirmative consent that we may contact you by email, fax, and other communications for any of the uses stated above.
Automatic Data Collection through Cookies and Other Means
We may record information about your computer and/or track your activity while you are using our website or our other online products. For example, we may record how many times you click on a hyperlink, determine whether you visited our site from a particular Internet link or advertisement, or track your path through the site. This automatic data ("Automatic Data") collection may include but may not be limited to information collected by cookies, IP addresses, and transparent GIFs. We use this Automatic Data to report aggregated website activity and to better understand the needs of our users so we can make informed decisions regarding the content and design of the site. We may also use this Automatic Data to personalize your experience on our site. If you provide us with PII, we may combine and use the Automatic Data with the PII.
We do not want to collect or maintain information from those under the age of 13. No part of our site is structured to attract anyone under 13. By using our site, you represent that you are not under 13 years of age.
Your California Privacy Rights
How to Contact Us
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding these privacy policies, please email us at email@example.com