- Heart disease is the #1 killer in America.
- High cholesterol is a major risk factor for heart disease.
- Plant sterols have been clinically shown to reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol.
- CoroWise® is a leading brand of plant sterols. Look for the logo!
Look for the CoroWise® brand logo on a growing number of food and beverage products. CoroWise® is a leading brand of natural cholesterol reducers called plant sterols. Plant sterols have been clinically shown to reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol and products that contain these natural cholesterol reducers are backed by a Food & Drug Administration (FDA) authorized health claim.*
* Foods containing at least 0.4 grams per serving of plant sterols, eaten twice a day with meals for a daily total intake of at least 0.8 grams, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease. On December 8, 2010, the FDA published a Proposed Rule that would update the plant sterol health claim, including the minimum amount required to be eligible for the claim and the target total daily intake to reduce heart disease risk.
For more information, see the Proposed Rule at www.regulations.gov